Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mark 11:15-33

We are to keep the temple holy. This is the story I always think of when I think of righteous indignation. This is Jesus' fervor to respect and obey his Father. We can not use the temple for our own glory--only God's for it is HIS.
I read verses 24-25, and I find the power of one word to be awe-inspiring. Believe. All we have to go is believe. Being without doubt is the only way to truly believe, otherwise you're assuming. When we pray, we are to believe.
The last section of this passage makes me think of how amazing it is that Jesus is both 100% man and 100% God. He asks the chief priests and scribes if John's baptism was from man or from God. The can not answer. He tells them that is why he cannot answer about his authority. If I am interpreting this correctly, the answer was both!

No comments:

Post a Comment