I think a big part of growing close to Christ is realize how everything of this world is meaningless. We as God's people, originally created in His image, are loved so preciously by Him. His adoration is invested in nothing else. And we would be nothing, literally, without Him. Yet somehow we are attracted to destruction. We sin. We do things we know isn't God's will, and bear the consequences. We give value to things that aren't capable of holding any real value. He knows what's best. We just have to trust Him on that.
Personally, that scares me. The idea of giving up everything is mind-boggling. I want to try that, but I have no idea how. I don't think I can fathom permanently giving everything up, so I could never come back to it. That's the scary part. Amazingly scary.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment