Thursday, November 10, 2011

1 Peter 1:13-25

"Prepare your minds for action..."
We are called to DO something, to take ACTION. Having faith is not a passive event. It takes preparation of the mind so that we can effectively live out our decision to follow Christ.
"do not conform yourselves to the passions of your former ignorance" Yes. Yes yes yes. This verse right here is what I need to cement into my head. I feel oftentimes when I sin, I know better. I know that it's not going to put me in a place I want to be because God knows that it won't work out well for me. It is written in the Bible right there plain for everyone to see. I'm not the only one who needs to read this.
We purify our souls by obedience. I want to be clean. I have hope of achieving this through Jesus Christ. He is holy. I need to commit to following his example, so I too can be holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment